Life is a Rabbit Pellet

Ramblings of a Zimbrindian's travels, life, and research.



Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Bhasikoro!, Pissball

Got a bicycle today, from Rad und Tat, one of Tuebingen's many bicycle shops. 70 euros for a 21-speed 28" bicycle that I will return at the end of August - and they trusted me (or the bike to fall apart) so much that I had to ask them for paperwork to sign.

The problem now is learning how to cycle up the hill where the Max Planck Institute is. I wheeled the bike up half the way here. It will take a few more tries before I can cycle up without stopping.

One of the Spaniards is leaving tomorrow, so a bunch of us went down to a local pub to hang out. At one point, the clique I was in had five people speaking four languages (German, Spanish, French, English) and no common language. Well, the Frenchwoman spoke Lingala and Lari as well, but I'm only counting languages spoken by at least two people in the group. The only person who spoke all four languages was, curiously enough, Canadian.

The pub we went to (the Bierkeller in downtown Tuebingen) has got the best urinals I've ever seen. Whoever does the cleaning here won't have to worry about people with bad aim. They've put little plastic soccer goals in the urinals, with a little red ball on a string. It bobs quite nicely when hit, which is the perfect incentive to aim better. Male reinforcement learning.

[Unfortunately, on a later visit to the place, we discovered that one of the urinals was missing a little red ball. Strong piss.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home