Life is a Rabbit Pellet

Ramblings of a Zimbrindian's travels, life, and research.



Sunday, January 02, 2005

Vancouver!

Here's a picture I finally processed from two weeks ago. It was taken in Vancouver, where I was for the NIPS conference. Vancouver's a great place, with superb food, especially East Asian. It rained a lot there, but mostly mild drizzle. Still, my umbrella was useful there. Speaking of which, I wonder in which part of Vancouver I left it, because it sure aint back with me in Chicago.


Yours Truly near downtown Vancouver. I just *had* to take a picture under a sign that says "Welcome to Vancouver, a nuclear-weapons-free zone". Posted by Hello

This picture was taken by Alex Karatzoglou, another student at NIPS with a software demonstration who was staying at the Youth Hostel to cut costs. We had some great sushi here, both low-cost good-quantity hi-quantity, and medium-cost hi-quality lo-quantity. We also went cycling around Stanley Park, where it was soon clear that Alex was a far better cyclist than I was. Especially when I got a flat and had to return to the shop for a new cycle...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home