Life is a Rabbit Pellet

Ramblings of a Zimbrindian's travels, life, and research.



Thursday, January 05, 2006

Eels in Nose Juice

A couple of days ago I found something using Yahoo Search and not Google Search, namely the complete text of a Pratchett book I'd been reading. Today I found that neither Google nor Yahoo can find my other blog but that MSN Search can.

Happened to discuss an old friend-would-not-be-the-right-word of mine with someone recently. He wanted to know what my opinion of the said person was. We soon both concluded that we had the same opinion of the guy - a not-on-the-level managerial-type shyster of a salesman more slippery than an eel in a bucket of nose-juice --- who was therefore perfect for the job.

The character assassination completed, I asked my co-conspirator where he'd picked up the nose-juice phrase from; he said it was a literal translation by one of his Nederlanden friends of a Dutch phrase that had been indelibly seared into his memory.

The Cosmus group met today and agreed to make more movies. Mark's taking a Video iPod and a PSP to the AAS Gadgets and Gizmos session, the AstroViz Birds of a Feather session, the presentation of our movie, in addition to things of interest to his research. He's agonnabe busy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home