Life is a Rabbit Pellet

Ramblings of a Zimbrindian's travels, life, and research.



Saturday, December 17, 2005

what a week...

Mostly working on HMSVM stuff. I found some big bugs, so that's good. Then YA told me a few more tricks, and they've improved results. But... I'm still unable to beat baseline, though at least I can now sometimes match it. Admittedly, it's a darn high baseline.

Been plotting what to do with K dough, if it comes through. MS and I had a nice dreaming session.

Got paid something for the show too. That's nice. I knead the dough. (Sorry.)

Big news: Gmail's extremely low-bandwidth mobile interface is great! Works good on my cell... link

Proofread GL's paper before she submitted it. Nice stuff.

Words of wisdom (and not) heard today :
GL : It could be very interesting or completely pointless. (Referring to the nice stuff mentioned above.)
DS : Some things are both. (Referring to Sunday's show.)
GL : True enough.

Phoned my sister. My nephew's seven, for chrissake... sweet jesus, I thought he was six. How kiddies grow... how tempus fugits...

My first interview didn't go too badly. Actually, it was fun. By interest in the employers increased greatly during it. There's a second interview next week, let's see what happens.

Found an interesting blog by a UC undergrad... link

Reading SP's equations on YX's Penta model... nice stuff. I'd never have worked them out myself. Though I just offered them some suggestions on how to improve it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home