Life is a Rabbit Pellet

Ramblings of a Zimbrindian's travels, life, and research.



Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Another notwork

Just when I was settling down to get some work done... the network went down again. I had zipped and gmailed to myself the files I needed to work with, but then I'd made some changes and wanted to get the latest version... and the network refused to come back up. It killed the entire day, really.

GL sent some new test data for Putonghua syllables, and I think I've worked out which parameters need to change to reduce the training error of the HMSVM.

Starting to get into potboiler mode - a new chapter in three days! Not bad. Of course, I'd rather have had the network up and be able to work.

Some other interesting things happened today, but I can't write about them.

The temperature was -15 degrees celsius as I walked home today. This time I missed the bus by 20 seconds. I still refuse, on principle, to run for a bus that refuses to be late. (Even worse, sometimes it leaves early.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home