Life is a Rabbit Pellet

Ramblings of a Zimbrindian's travels, life, and research.



Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Goblet of Fire

Yesterday G & I went to watch the new Harry Potter movie in IMAX at Navy Pier. The UCPSDSC had bought a hundred group tickets and subsidized it so we paid $5, a third of the regular price. The bigness definitely helped, as this was a very visual movie. I didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed Prisoner of Azkaban though, as there wasn't much plot in the book (except at the end, when Voldemort comes back) - it's my least favorite book.



The astronomy graduate students and I discussed the movie as we went on the bus home. After finding out all the things that got left out of the movie (which I see nothing wrong with), we thought briefly about what got IN ... and decided we liked Ron's dress. (The portrayal of it, anyway.) Mr Grint's facial expressions are, as always, a source of much amusement.



Some comments - MK won't be surprised to hear that I think Hermione looked great EXCEPT when she wore that dress for the ball. I must have a thing for jumpers.



Neville Longbottom really looks different, and I couldn't believe it was the same actor. But it is - Matthew Felton really has lost weight! Meanwhile, G thought the actor for Draco had changed, but he hasn't either.

We were placing bets - rather, being penniless geeks, we were computing odds on - which characters were most likely to die in Book 7. (Incidentally, I have been told that the next book will be called "Harry Potter and the Writer's Bulging Bank Account".) Highest odds - i.e. it's considered very possible - are on Voldemort. Harry gets medium-high odds, while Hermione gets the lowest odds. Choosing a good candidate for cannon fodder is hard, even though Rowling has given us several options.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home