Life is a Rabbit Pellet

Ramblings of a Zimbrindian's travels, life, and research.



Saturday, December 10, 2005

Bantering

Spent Friday with YX talking about further quantifications his student had made to his target approximation model. Good stuff. Nice ice cream too - thanks, FL!

MS and RL managed to pull off Mission Impossible with their show at the Schramm thing - they had to deal with some incompetent company who supplied their equipment since our own equipment wasn't powerful enough. (Although if they'd just had a different location...)

Spent Saturday with the SkySkanners - had a great time seeing our stuff on the Adler dome. And maybe I should move to Australia - if even a fraction of Aussies can banter as good as the ones we were with today, then I'm moving. Funny how the bantering mode transferred to other people too. Teasing RL about being a paparazzi and a mobile sponge (someone who says he doesnt need a cellphone coz his pals always have one - "no I can't give you my cellphone number since I don't have one, but I'll be with so-and-so today so here's his number"...) - ah, people are so much fun.

Unfortunately, the "don't wanna do anything" demon takes over when I'm alone, so I listened to my favorite BBC shows instead. Someone on the News Quiz commented that German national Khaled el-Masri [Guardian, WaPo] went on a CIA package tour - where he has taken somewhere on holiday and returned as a package.

For some reason, this made me laugh too - Satan saying "Lifestyle is what rich people have instead of a life" on Old Harry's Game. Oh, Andy Hamilton is such a fricking genius. Though this, by his usual standards, was definitely one of the fluffier episodes. Even Thomas comes through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home