Life is a Rabbit Pellet

Ramblings of a Zimbrindian's travels, life, and research.



Sunday, January 02, 2005

VERITAS

Woohoo! Finally, someone used the collaboration map I made for the VERITAS telescope project... one of the post-docs there, Brian Humensky (who took several stereo photos of the site last year) just sent me an email saying he used it in his presentations to Randy Landsberg's Space Explorers program last week. He has used other stuff we've made, but I thought no-one would ever use the collaboration map, which I think is a cute idea. It's always nice when the number of people using a long-dead project goes from 0 to 1. More than 1 is nicer, but I'm happy with 1 for now.


Speaking of other things Brian used for his presentation: the movie I made of cosmic rays hitting Chicago while working for Randy and the KICP last summer. This is actually rather bittersweet because I so much prefer the interactive partiview models to the movie... aargh! ... well, I may as well accept it. People like movies, so I better make some more. Better dig up those instructions Stuart Levy told me about a month ago. Man, do I so not want to do that... too hard...

Anyway, he also used the Quicktime Panorama that Mark SubbaRao made from the pictures Brian took last year. (Below is the rectangular version of the Mark-Brian panorama.)



Brian's going back to the VERITAS site next week for the next two weeks; we should get lots of new pictures. (I'm pictured out now, but that's another matter. We need to buy Present3d.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home